Need help upgrading your PDM?
You need our PDM upgrade service if you are upgrading your SOLIDWORKS PDM system and need to ensure that the upgrade goes smoothly and downtime is kept to a minimum.
EKSPE team of experts from Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM can provide a comprehensive service for upgrading your SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard or Professional system from one version to the next.
We UPGRADE your PDM system
- EKSPE has been providing professional PDM services to its clients for many years.
- Our extensive expert team has the knowledge and experience you need to ensure a smooth upgrade to the latest version of SOLIDWORKS PDM.
SOLIDWORKS PDM Upgrade Service Features
By using the EKSPE SOLIDWORKS PDM Upgrade Service, you can rest assured that an experienced Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional will upgrade your critical business system, meaning:
- Shorter downtime: An upgrade to a major SOLIDWORKS release requires that all PDM clients are also upgraded; which will result in your users not having access to the vault until the upgrade has been completed. We can provide an implementation plan to minimize your downtime.
- Upgrade expertise and experience: We are familiar with the common PDM migration issues. This knowledge allows us to provide recommendations and/or solutions to resolve your issues.
- Comprehensive certified service: We will perform a full upgrade following SOLIDWORKS’ procedures, thus ensuring that you will not have an unsupported scenario.
- Optimize Performance and Health-check: As part of the upgrade, we ensure all settings are in place to maximize your database performance.
- Peace of mind: Upgrading SOLIDWORKS PDM can often seem an overwhelming process. Not all components are upgraded using the SOLIDWORKS installation manager. Having an upgrade carried out by certified experts ensures your peace of mind for your critical business system and data.
Upgrade Service Overview
How we will help you to upgrade your PDM system
- Planning Meeting to confirm and validate vault configurations and versions.
- Initial off-site migration test on your data prior to the upgrade.
- Remote or On-site upgrade service.
- Installation and upgrade of your SQL server software as required.
- Installation and upgrade of up to three data archive servers.
- Testing of the migrated system.
- Installation and check on upgraded clients/users.
- Review server log files.
- Test PDM processes with check in/out, Workflows, etc.
- Ensuring that all active files are checked in by all users prior to upgrade.
- Complete a full system backup of the Archive Servers, Archive Files and SQL database prior to upgrade.
- Provide a copy of your PDM SQL database for off-site validation of data and process prior to the upgrade.
- Complete installation and upgrade on remaining client computers.
- Moving/copying data prior to site visit if the vault is being moved to new hardware for upgrade.