Installation from PDM Experts
EKSPE provides an implementation service for SOLIDWORKS PDM which will ensure that your PDM system is correctly installed and optimized for your business.
We INSTALL your PDM system
- Work with our team to determine how PDM software fits all of your users and departments' needs.
- We have the knowledge and experience you need to ensure SOLIDWORKS PDM system is implemented smoothly.
- We will ensure the installation and deployment of your PDM system to your team; and show you how to maintain and update the system.
SOLIDWORKS PDM Implementation Overview
By using the three day EKSPE SOLIDWORKS PDM Implementation Service you can be confident that an experienced certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional will upgrade your critical business system , which means
- Project Planning Meeting to confirm project goals, timelines and tasks.
- Installation and setup support:
- SQL Installation — PDM server application installation.
- Instruction on user installation and login creation.
- Recommendations on backup procedures.
- PDM Vault Configuration (2 days):
- Update variable mapping to work with SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD® files.
- Setup of core data cards (Up to 6 cards with 20 total variables).
- Define/recommend product, project and library structures:
- Setup template to automate project folder structure.
- Validate basic group permissions.
- Define revision scheme.
- Define core approval workflow (Up to 10 states).
- Setup email / system notifications.
- Setup search cards.
- Testing of revision scheme, part number, file data cards and workflow.
- User Orientation (at the end of item #3):
- One hour presentation (no hands-on) with up to 16 users.
- Focus on fundamental skills.
- Delivered as part of day 2 of the PDM Vault Configuration (item #3 above).
- Post-Production Implementation Support — Applications Specialist available remotely to address questions for one week, post production.
Implementation Service Requirements
Implementation process, customers will be required to take PDM training
Learn more about the SOLIDWORKS PDM Administration training course. Administration training typically involves:
- Installation Planning
- Creating Users and Groups
- File, Folder, and Card creation
- Notifications and Tasks
- Data Migration
- Vault Backups
Your users can be trained online, onsite or offsite, in custom or standard training sessions. Typical topics covered include:
- SOLIDWORKS PDM User Interface
- Document Creation and Check In
- Versioning Files
- File References
- Workflow and Notification
- Working in SOLIDWORKS
- Working with BOMs